vSphere cli is a command line interface, where we can use to run commands on esx hosts.This is an alternative option for putty.We can install vSphere cli on any server/desktop in your network.
Below are the steps
- Download vSphere cli from vmware.com
- Once you installed vSphere cli, you can browse the below path and run the commands. Most of the commands are written in activepearl scripting language.
- We can get help for all the commands using –help parameter.
- As a example, we can use vicfg-vminc commands to configure our network interfaces
- We can use vmware-cmd.pl command do the virtual machine operations.